Understanding The Different Electrical Certificates and Reports

Electrical Safety Certificates

Understanding The Different Electrical Safety Certificates and Reports

Many people confuse “Electrical Reports” with “Electrical Safety Certificates” and end up ignoring one or the other. A report is created when a certified electrician conducts a test on an existing installation. Consumer units, protective bonding, lighting, switches, and sockets are a few of the system components that are reported on. On the other hand, a certificate is created for a new installation such as rewiring or a new fuse box. The right kind of documentation must be issued following the completion of electrical installation work or periodic inspection and testing because certificates and reports issued in connection with an electrical installation serve very different purposes. Whether you are seeking a new installation or testing an existing one, you must arrange for only a qualified electrician to do the job. Once the job is completed you will be provided with one of the following electrical safety certificates or reports based on the job completed.

Electrical Installation Certificate: –

To make sure that everything is completed to a high enough and safe enough standard, the government imposes regulations on electrical work and verifies this with certifications. Electrical safety certificates are approved by a qualified individual who attests that the completed work complies with all applicable standards for the electrical work undertaken. For all new installations, you should be getting a certificate from your electrician stating that the electrical installation is safe to use along with the time and date of installation. This certificate is required for major installations only.

Minor Electrical Works Installation Certificate:-

This certificate is similar to the Electrical Installation Certificate but is only recommended for minor installations such as an additional socket or light fitting.

Electrical Installation Condition Report:-

Landlords need to have this report completed before a new tenant moves in. Homeowners should have one before purchasing a new home. It is recommended that this type of test be performed on a property at least once every ten years for residential homes and once every five years for rental properties. This report is especially important if the home is old and the wiring has not been updated. After completing the process, you will be issued a condition report as opposed to an electrical safety certificate.

Part P Notifications:-

A Part P notification is a work that is deemed “notifiable,” which necessitates notifying a building control body that the work has been done. Part P refers to the laws that regulate the secure installation and modification of electrical systems. You can achieve this by either hiring a qualified electrician who is a member of a “Part P” self-certification scheme or by notifying the Building Control yourself through a qualified electrician of course.
For expert services for all kinds of Electrical Safety Certificates, you are more than welcome to contact our representatives at Prime Electrics.

Please Click Here to check the full range of services we offer & to visit our social media click on our Facebook page.